A Writer of Delightfully Off-Beat Children's Stories

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Beginning Part 3

It isn't just that I write.  I burn.  I write more words than some people speak in a day.  My record is 7,000 words in a single afternoon, and I doubt even that will stand for long.

And I want to publish.  Oh, how I want to publish.  Writing fiction distracts me like uneven cracks in the bricks whip OCDers over the head.  I sit in class in college, and every last word funnels through The One All Important Question:

Could this help me write?

And if the answer is yes:

HMMM, I wonder how I might crash the goofiness of this one random fact from my Origins of the Universe class into (insert compelling character here), and make someone delightful.

You know the experience.  What I am here to say moves slightly beyond this.

I love books, and I have set my sight on publishing them prolifically.

I have my ammunition for all of the rejection I receive from agents and editors for the months and years ahead in four words: I believe in myself.

My wife deserves the credit.  I have to bow to her and say, "Thank you darling."  Because, in the most romantically amazing way, she carried me right through my self-disappointment.  Only she and God have stuck with me like that.

I only share that with you for honesty's sake.  I want to be as entirely honest as it is possible to be while hiding (mostly) behind a pseudonym.

That journey, from the crash of my existence to the steady publishing career I am so willing to work for, is what I am going to chronicle here.

No comments:

Post a Comment