A Writer of Delightfully Off-Beat Children's Stories

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Checking in



For those of you wondering where I am with publishing my first novel, or curious about the history of it, I thought I would drop a post.

On Monday, I queried a wonderful agent, Jennifer Laughran, about A Cause to Cringe.

Recently, I have been leafing through agents, looking for just the right ones to send off to, and when I happened upon Jennifer's blog, I had to send off to her.  First, I noted how well she takes care of her authors, and second, I read this:

"Always on the lookout for sparkling YA and middle grade fiction with unusual and unforgettable characters and vivid settings, she is drawn to all kinds of books, whether realistic comedies or richly imagined magical adventures. However, the common thread in her favorite stories is an offbeat world-view. "

That matches A Cause to Cringe exactly, and is exactly what I aim for.  Hallelujah!

So I sent away.  Sometime near the end of March or the beginning of April, I suppose I will hear back, and I will let you know how that goes.  If I don't post about it by the end of April, then it has probably come to nothing.

Either way, I'm enjoying the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment