A Writer of Delightfully Off-Beat Children's Stories

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weightier Things

As much as I love writing, my amazing wife is so wonderful that I would be mistaken not to say that she is infinitely more important.

And I don't want to leave her a widow for ten years because, for example I never wanted to eat right. I see that as a common issue in our country, and probably even more so in my family.

A month ago, Kels and I became vegetarians, and I am pleased to announce that contrary to popular belief, it is very possible to be manly without meat.

As a second initiative, I took up kick-boxing. Boy I'm dangerous now.

But I'm still ten pounds over where I'd like to be, and fifteen over where I'd love to be. Which I thought kick boxing would take care of. (Four years ago I lost twenty pounds in a month bike riding, so this seemed realistic.)

So, after some Himalayan-monk style meditation, I have decided upon two things which I will cut out of my life:
1. Sugar
2. Salt

I am excited about this. You'll hear all about my success, and I feel confident this will get me over, or under, the weight bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment